How do I increase the value of my van before I obtain a valuation from you?
We are frequently asked by owners this question. So, we have summarised all of our thoughts into this detailed FAQ.
Quickly Navigate to Other FAQ Sections
Once you have read this FAQ guide, why not also read:
Damaged Van FAQs
How to sell a van
Who buys old and broken vans?
How does it work?
Why sell to us?
Do you buy working vans?
Can you still buy my van with finance owing?
How does the valuation process work?
My Van is a Non-Runner – Can We Buy Broken Vans Recover and Buy the Van?
Read our guide to increasing the value of your van
Ask yourself what would the buyer think?
Jobs which may increase the value of a van
The following jobs are likely to increase van valuation and what we can pay for a van:
- Fix mechanical issues – you might choose to fix a mechanical issue yourself prior to selling to We Buy Broken Vans. These include repairs such as cambelt, differential, DPF, ECU, engine issues, fuel injector, fuel pump, gearbox, timing chain and others.
- Fix bodywork issues – any chips or areas of bodywork which require repair/touching up will reduce the price we can pay. If these are fixed before we buy, this will naturally increase our valuation
- Full service history – if you can ensure that you have a full service history, this may add value to what we can offer
Check valuations with our FREE online valuation tool
As a garage we can complete repairs at very low-cost, you are likely to benefit most by selling to us complete with faults. If you are a mechanic or have access to a low-cost mechanic (e.g. family/friend), you may save money by completing some repairs yourself.
Jobs which won’t impact value
Although nice to do, the following won’t increase the amount your van is valued by us. The following are mainly tasks van owners undertake to sell a van privately. Sell to We Buy Broken Vans and enjoy a hassle-free service:
- Cleaning and washing – we clean/wash a van as part of our process, so you don’t have to
- Topping up fluid levels – there is no need to top-up water/oil levels, we will check these and top up in-house
Sell a Van to We Buy Broken Vans
We would love to hear from you, so please contact us if there are any aspects about your van you wish to discuss. Call us on 0121 285 9859 or 07582 859 859, in particular, we may be able to advise on whether certain repairs are worth undertaking prior to selling the van to us.
Have a question that isn’t answered above? Then contact our team of experts
Why sell your broken van to us?
Do you have a van to sell? But you want a fair price, no hassle and quick payment? Then you have come to the right place!